Hello!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Hello!
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 11:36:43 -0400

>The torque introduced by a sidearm with a mid-sized Yagi seems to be
>quite a bit. I don't recall seeing any twisting moment specs in the ROhn
>catalog. Do you have any info on this? 73 Barry

Hi, Barry --

     I don't recall offhand seeing any sidemount forces in the Rohn book
specifically relating to sidemounted antennas.  I'll wade through it again if
I get a chance.

    The best analysis of sidearm stress was done by Dick Weber, K5IU, and
appeared in the DX Magazine, Sept/Oct 1995.  Chod may be able to supply you
with a back issue.  If not, let me know and I can mail you a copy.  It's
called "Torque Requirements for Side-ARm and Ringrotor Mounted Yagi
Antennas".

73 and good luck,  Steve  K7LXC