more on 25G/Ham IV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: more on 25G/Ham IV
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 14:36:20 -0700 (PDT)
>>>because the "knobs" at the bottom of the bell housing stick out so
>far they hit the crossbraces.  What am I missing here?  <<
>
>I think what you're missing is that you have a Tailtwister / T2X, not a Ham IV.
>
>If you have a Ham IV, it should be able to free fall inside your tower
without the rotator mounting plate.

>The best top section for 25, based on my experience, is the flat top 8'
section on which you mount a thrust bearing - no pipe at the top.

>73,
>Bob Naumann
>KR2J/5
>Dallas, TX

Hi Bob,

My experience has been that a Ham IV will not "free fall" inside a Rohn 25
tower.  It hits the horizontal braces, just like the man said.  You CAN
squeeze it in most anywhere through one of those triangles if you do it just
right, as K7LXC says.  You then have to mount it at just the right height so
the "knobs" on the bell housing do not hit the diagonals.  Finding a plate
to fit in there to mount it on is another problem . . .

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com