Rohn 25 bolts, here we go again

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Rohn 25 bolts, here we go again
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 01:49:29 -0800
AA4NC@aol.com wrote:

> I need to replace the bolts in a  25G tower. I need to find a better type of
> bolt, that won't rust so quickly. The Rohn tower doesn't mention what type of
> bolts to use. Since the stock Rohn bolts didn't last too long, I was thinking
> about stainless. Is there a problem with this? What is the correct size?
>
> Thanks / Happy holidays,
>
> Will
>
> --
> Problems:                 K7LXC@contesting.com

Will, don't use stainless steel.  They have a tendency to bind/gall and
will be very difficult to replace if you need to.

Buckmaster says you're in North Carolina.  If you're near the coastline,
the salt air might be the culprit.  I'd stick with galvanized steel
bolts/nuts/lockwashers and replace them periodically/as necessary.  Of
course, use the strength bolt recommended by ROHN.

Bill, N3RR