[TowerTalk] Grounds...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounds...
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 17:37:34 -0500
After putting in a bright, shiny new copper plated ground rod the other
day, and the copper between it and the tower nice and bright (even in
this rain), I can't help but think how effective and efficient it is/looks.
(one can hope)

I am now wondering about the grounds of the (1) gas meter/regulator, the
electrical ground at the breaker box, and the telephone ground.  They all
look like crap.  How effective are they really?  I am sure there would be a
big liability problem on my part if I replaced or connected copper ground
rods next to them.

Has anyone ever asked their utility providers as to whether it is or is not
okay to supplement their grounding?  Or to intertie the grounds all together?

Thanks and 73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u