[TowerTalk] thimble gap too narrow

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] thimble gap too narrow
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 21:00:47 -0400 (EDT)
Pete -

I'm not sure if you are using Preformed Line Products "Big Grips," but if
you are, you must use ONLY heavy duty thimbles such as the Rohn 3/8THH
thimble.  Rohn thimbles use the "open pattern" you need.  Use of a
standard duty thimble risks almost certain failure of the Big Grip under
heavy wind loading!

73
Frank
W3LPL