[TowerTalk] ground rods and connections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ground rods and connections
From: jleikhim@nettally.com (Leikhim, Joe)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 22:55:44 -0400
After driving in six 8 foot rods and preparing to hook it all up with #2
solid a thought occurred to me:

Why do we drive ground rods into the earth at a verticle angle???
Apparently it is acceptable to drive rods in at a 45 degree angle to
miss a rocky shelf. Since lightning is a high frequency phenomenon that
dislikes making sharp turns, perhaps ground rods should terminate the
ground conductor at a gradual slope into the ground? Hmm? too late for
me since the hard work has been done. Any thoughts??

ROBERT WANDERER wrote:

Joe Leikhim KE4TZH
Jleikhim@nettally.com

"tv dinner by the pool,
i'm so glad i finished school" -F.Zappa 1967