[TowerTalk] "Coax Break-In".. Applauded!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Coax Break-In".. Applauded!
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 11:36:02 -0400
Hi Frank,

I loved your beam element rotation policy. But you glossed over one of
the most essential rotation schedules .... without even batting an eye.
 Tire Air Rotation.

Anyone who's ever let air out of an automobile tire knows how badly it
smells.  Years ago the Europeans discovered that to improve the
handling characteristics and tread wear on their car tires they needed
to change the air weekly.  This involves completely bleeding the tire
air and refilling it with nice clean, fresh air. Fresh air in your
tires makes them roll so much better... you can immediately feel the
difference.  It's almost like a car wash and a lube.

We're still experimenting with changing the air in the spare however.
One of our researchers seems to feel that.... if you ever let your
spare lose all it's air.... one of the other tires will shortly go flat
too.... out of sympathy.  This is indeed a weird phenomena since almost
everyone who's had a flat will tell you that they also discovered the
spare was flat too.  Amazing... but true.

We're also working on researching whether or not fresh or stale air in
the spare improves it's tread life.  For the time being.... we're
sticking with the fresh air hypothesis and you know... the spare shows
almost no wear at all.  Amazing.

73,

Dr. Igore Helfenschmaltz.... aka Roger, K2JAS