[TowerTalk] Interference from Flourescent Lights?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Interference from Flourescent Lights?
From: herbr@netcom.com (Herb Rosenberg)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 21:39:03 -0700 (PDT)

I am planning on moving to a new QTH, and the ham shack will be located
in a finished room built behind the garage of this house.  This room
already has several overhead flourescent light fixtures, and they are
all hanging in a suspended actoustical tile ceiling.

Will these lights be a source of interference for my radios?
The lighting in this room now is a little inadequate, and if they
are not a source of interference, I would like to add a
couple of additional fixtures.  But, I don't want to do this, if they are
going to be a source of RFI.

If they are interference prone, is there anything that can be done to
them to minimize or eliminate their interference?

I would appreciate any comments and suggestions, as I would like to have
as RFI free shack as possible.

Thanks and 73's.

Herb - KG6OK

herbr@netcom.com