[TowerTalk] Co-ordinates

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Co-ordinates
From: w8cxo@worldnet.att.net (Bill Fleckenstein)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:34:56 -0400
Hi:

Thanks to all of you that responed to my question on co-ordinates.+MAA-
First of all, those who have worked with topo maps indicated the same
problem.+MAA- We know how to read these maps by interpolation.+MAA- The
question is-- Is there an easier way.+MAA- Many want to know.
Yes, you can use a GPS receiver and go to the location.+MAA- Unless you
have a professional version, the accuracy is not that great.+MAA- Several
suggested Buckmaster or Street Atlas.
Check them out and you will find they will put you on the Street, but
can be off as much as 300 feet.+MAA- They seem to be using Tiger
Databases, which really are census tracts. This is not a Geodetic Survey
Program.

Some of you seem to wonder why I want to be so accurate.+MAA- Buckmaster
etc is fine for antenna pointing for hams.+MAA- Any one in Broadcasting or
Point to Point Communication knows you need exact location.+MAA- If you
are doing profiling on a antenna location, you need to know exactly
where you are.

Thanks again,+MAA- Bill W8CXO

ÿÿ    [TowerTalk] Co-ordinates