[TowerTalk] noise

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] noise
From: mwalker@geronimo.Legato.COM (Mike Walker)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 15:04:29 -0400
I know that this is likely not the correct place to ask this, but has
anyone had success in solving ignition noise in a 1988 Honda Civic DX  (I
had a Civix SI of the same year, and it was stone  quiet) .  The ignition
noise  is hearable up to uhf (FM), but is really affects me on HF when I am
mobile.

What I have done so far:

Grounded the exhaust system to the frame
grounded the hood to the body/frame
grounded the engine to the frame
grounded the battery to the frame
resistive plugs
resistive wires
new distributor cap
new rotor
new condensor (most would call it a capacitor)
bypassed the fuel pump (this was worth 10db of random noise)

Antenna is a High Sierra (Screwdriver) frame mounted

HF radio lead is connected directly to the battery with 12 guage wire

Sorry for the bandwidth, but if someone has any ideas (including other
reflectors), I'm open to suggestions.  Please reply to me directly.

regards...mike VA3MW