[TowerTalk] noise

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] noise
From: steve@gamecash.com (Steve Weisbrod)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 97 09:34:00 -0600
Well if you had a small block Chev V6 or V8 my suggestion might have
worked.  I have had 5 Corvettes since 1963 and my first one I bought with
out a radio. That was a big mistake because it came without shielding.  I
tried shielded aircraft ignition cable and that didn't work because the
cap coupling caused arcing to ground of the shield. On Aircraft they have
special plugs and dist. Caps that complete the ground. I finally was able
to buy original Corvette shields but I learned that designing your own
ignition shields is not a trivial task.