[TowerTalk] Trouble getting information KLM and Hy-Gain

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trouble getting information KLM and Hy-Gain
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 17:49:55 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-10-06 17:28:32 EDT, thompson@mindspring.com writes:

<< My KT34XA is not working very well due to age in the air and problems
caused
 by Hurricane Opal.  I am in the midst of deciding whether to re-cap the XA
 or put up the TH11. Putting up the Th11 would eliminate my 12 meter X-Beam.

    I would rather put together a new one than try to refurb an existing XA.
Screwing around with disassembling and then re-assembling a used XA is WAY
too much work.

    IMO the TH11 is a very good high performance antenna that just hasn't
gotten the press or exposure of the other 2 high performance tribanders - the
TH7 and the KT34XA.

    BTW, Roger Cox from Hy-Gain says that the TH11 is the better antenna of
the two Hy-Gain products.

73,  Steve  K7LXC