[TowerTalk] Stealth Wire Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stealth Wire Vertical
From: force12@interserv.com (force12@interserv.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 18:33:47 -0800 (PST)
Good evening.

A quick comment. Having started a couple of fires in my time with wire
stealth antennas, I did learn about high voltage points, as well as having
insulation rubbed through by tree branches. Some locations on an antenna
are obviously high voltage points, such as the ends of a half wave
dipole. The ends of radials for verticals can also be high. These high
voltage points need to be well insulated and away from combustible
materials. The insualtion rubbing away is another point well taken.

Just don't ask me about starting our roof/eve on fire back in Minnesota
during a contest from a broken open wire feeder. Oops.

Have a good day and 73,
                        Tom, N6BT
                        Force 12 Antennas and Systems
                        (Home Page   http://www.QTH.com/force12 )