[TowerTalk] Stealth Wire Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stealth Wire Vertical
From: dannmec@inet.uni-c.dk (RO)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:38:46 +0100

. Due to this
> being an issue of safety I have decided to do some more research and hold
> off on the original idea. Running the wire through and over the top of
the
> pine tree is not wise due to the high voltages present with this kind of
> power (near legal limit) at the end of the 1/4 wave elements.

I have used one like that the past 2 years, over a tree on 160.  The end is
up in the air about 6 meters and nobody can touch it. I am using the old
W1BB style with a length of abt 52 meters and a series capacitor at the
feed point. Works quite well with a mixed bag of radials from 6 to 40
meters long about 2 meters above ground.

73   Rag

OZ8RO

My neigbhor
> would not be happy nor would my normally loving wife if I started the
block
> on fire.
>
> If I was just running barefoot it wouldn't be such a risk but I think we
> all have a good idea of how dry a pine tree can get in Southern
California

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>