[TowerTalk] Stealth Wire Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stealth Wire Vertical
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:37:56 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-11-19 09:11:02 EST, harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu writes:

<< Comment about antenna wires lighting fires in trees is, of course, valid.
 I totally burned up (left ashes only) the fiberglass end inulators on my
 160 traped dipole a couple of years ago.  Found the char remains in the
 grass, luckly it was wet grass because I live in a forest with lots of
 highly burnable ground cover.  >>

I am in the process of replacing the wire in my open wire feeders with teflon
coated wire.  That is not to say that the fields around the wire may not be
strong enough to heat up any tree branches that come into contact with the
feedline,  but I think it will afford an additinal level of protection.

73,  Paul