[TowerTalk] Radials, resonance and the MFJ259

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radials, resonance and the MFJ259
From: k4sb@pop.mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 01:12:39 -0800
Well, I solved the battery holder problem by buying a plastic
replacement from Radio Shack.

My own MFJ is also modified ( takes about 20 mins ) to where I can
charge the nicads without opening up the case. Takes one small SPDT
and a few inches of wire. Unit will function exactly as before except
when the switch is thrown, it is in charge mode only. BTW, if you try
to charge it with the switch in normal, it won't.

Enough interest and I'll take the back off and try to describe it.

I sent the mod to MFJ, got a coffee cup back.

73

Ed