[TowerTalk] Radials, resonance and the MFJ259

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radials, resonance and the MFJ259
From: n4kw@citrus.infi.net (Pete Raymond)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 09:02:55 -0500 (EST)
At 10:35 AM 12/18/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>     I don't have any input to your question but have had a similar instance
>> with my MFJ-259. That is, it reads one thing and the xcvr reads something
>> else. This only happens occasionally but in that case I go with what the xcvr
>> sees. I don't have any answers to this situation either but I ignore the MFJ
>> reading and everyone is happy with the xcvr readings.
>
>I've seen the same with both the MFJ and that fancy AEA thing.  In my
>experience, the Autek is the most accurate for some reason.
>
>73
>
>Bill, W4AN
>
>--
>Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search
>
>I have an AEA SWR121 and it tracks with my Bird wattmeter.  One thing that
I have found is that
my Alpha bumps up the vswr a little. When the linear is in bypass the xcvr
shows a different vswr
reading than if I remove the coax from my switch and measure with the AEA
unit.  Again the reason
being is that the linear bumps up the vswr a little.  Not sure if this is
your condition but one to
consider. 73 Pete N4KW, Inverness, Fl.