[TowerTalk] Tilted Boom?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tilted Boom?
From: ke1fo@contesting.com (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:19:17 -0500
I'm looking into putting up a 2 element 80M beam using a rope boom and
inverted v elements.  The antenna site is on a hill that drops off
rather sharply towards Eu (the direction the beam will be pointed)  the
support at one end is 70 feet high, and the support at the other end
will be very close to ground level, but only 40 or so feet lower than
the other support.  I'm planning to put the DE at 70' (which will look
like 80-90 to the antenna due to a sharp drop off near the tower), and
then a Ref spaced approprately behind the DE, so it would be at 30-50
feet above ground.

Will this design do me any good being so low?  Will it have a descnet
pattern?  Any advantage over the inverted V I"ve got now?  Should I skip
it and start saving up for a 4 square?  By the way, the antenna will be
used mainly for contesting.

Thanks.

Al, KE1FO

Has anybody modelled what a tilted "boom" like this will do to the
antenna pattern?