[TowerTalk] pier point vs section in concrete

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] pier point vs section in concrete
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:54:33 EST
In a message dated 98-03-25 09:17:50 EST, grhosler@imation.com writes:

> If you have erected 25G using the "bury a section in the concrete"
>  methodology and now wish to enlarge the loading capability by going to 55G,
>  the pier pin is a GREAT way to utilize the existing concrete base.  Use a
>  flame wrench to remove the stubs, plug the holes and drill for the pier
>  pin.  I have also seen a number of conversions from Rohn BX freestanding to
>  45G guyed.  Just add guy anchor points and a pier pin.  Sure beats jack
>  hammering out the old base.

     As long as the base meets the minimum size requirements for the new
application, ANY concrete base can be re-cycled to adapt to another tower
base. Use a concrete corer drill to drill whatever holes you need. Then epoxy
in the new anchor bolts. Attach an appropriate tower section or bottom fixture
and away you go. A few phone calls to industrial suppliers will get you the
tools and materials you need.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC