[TowerTalk] pier point vs section in concrete

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] pier point vs section in concrete
From: grhosler@imation.com (Gary R. Hosler)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:16:32 -0600
If you have erected 25G using the "bury a section in the concrete"
methodology and now wish to enlarge the loading capability by going to 55G,
the pier pin is a GREAT way to utilize the existing concrete base.  Use a
flame wrench to remove the stubs, plug the holes and drill for the pier
pin.  I have also seen a number of conversions from Rohn BX freestanding to
45G guyed.  Just add guy anchor points and a pier pin.  Sure beats jack
hammering out the old base.

de Gary  W0AW

SavageBR <SavageBR@aol.com> on 03/25/98 07:00:39 AM