[TowerTalk] To Thrust Or Not To Thrust (Bearing)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] To Thrust Or Not To Thrust (Bearing)
From: grhosler@imation.com (Gary R. Hosler)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:12:18 -0500
I have been using a top and bottom bearing with an OR-2800 for just under
four years.  I paid attention to the alignment to minimize runout but I
also use the Force 12 PTA-1 (Peak Torque Adapter) that uses a rubber drive
coupling between the rotor output shaft and the mast clamps.  This not only
absorbs start/stop shock but will also compensate for some minor runout.

de Gary  W0AW

Dick Flanagan <dick@libelle.com> on 04/13/98 11:02:07 AM