[TowerTalk] What to do???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What to do???
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 11:51:41 -0400
> They did not work very well at all.......indavidually
> they were fine but as a stack
> they were about worthless.....used a Dunstar stacking box........

Hi Jim:

It's an easy mistake, and maybe one you fell victim to:  Did you
check the PHASE of all three antennas to make sure they were the
same?  By that I mean that the coax center and shield were connected
on the same side of the driven element on all three antennas?

If they were not, you would have a "worthless" stack.  K1VR went
through this a few years ago with predictable results.

73, J.P. W2XX
J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."