[TowerTalk] Launching LEAD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Launching LEAD
From: dearborn@starnetinc.com (Jim McLaughlin)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 12:48:58 -0500
Bob Kmak wrote:

> At 12:04 PM 5/21/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >Where do bullets go when they come down?  I saw the Desert Storm tv
> >coverage with Saddam's "hail of lead" shooting up at the incoming planes
> >and wondered where the lead was coming down.  What's say, egginneers?
> >K4VUD
>
>   Well, they come back down to the ground--at approximately the same
> velocity they had when leaving the gun barrel. That's why people (and kids)
> here in Dallas get 'shot' just about every July 4th, often while sleeping
> in bed.
>
> 73,
>
> Bob
> K5WO
>
> --

Sure do, no expert, but, I was a federal agent for 24yrs. Taking
coverage behind a car an "alledged bad guy" sticks a pistol out the
window, fires one sorta straight up, comes down with a lota force right
by the front fender. Later I.D. as coming from that gun.  Certainly gets
your attention. Believe me you don't want to be in front or under flying
lead.

Jim
WA9FPT