[TowerTalk] Re: your mail

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: your mail
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 18:56:10 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-28 18:44:39 EDT, TOMK5RC@aol.com writes:

<<  I fabricated an aluminum panel the same thickness
 as the aluminum window and placed bulkhead coax connectors in it. I then
 grounded the panel to the main ground outside and used it as the ground
 distribution, also.  >>

        This is an excellent technique. When connected to your external ground
system, it becomes your Single Point Ground System to which all cables are
connected to the ground system. What you're trying to achieve is to keep the
lightning out of the shack by shunting everything at the entry point to
ground. Now you have your Polyphaser, etc. units connected to the same bus. Be
sure to use an anti-oxidant on all connections.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC