[TowerTalk] Peripheral ground system

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Peripheral ground system
From: stan@capeonramp.com (stan)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 21:27:12 -0400

Two entirely separate issues.

antenna radials, either buried or elevated are part of the RF circuit
and act as
a counterpoise to the radiating element. If the earth under the
radiating element
had good enough, low,  (RF) conductivity, radials would not be needed

ground wires or ground rods have a resistance to earth that will go much
higher
when the exposed area is frozen. Always put ground rods well below the
frost line...

Stan, WA1ECF   Cape Cod, MA   FN41sr