[TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Pullout Strength

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Pullout Strength
From: W8JI@aol.com (W8JI@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 09:58:20 EDT

<< W1EVT told me he decided to install insulators in one
 of his 140 ft Rohn 25 towers to make a 160M elevated GP.
 They had to loosen the upper guys to where they were
 almost hanging along the tower before they could jack it up.

I've  done that several times. I just loosen the guys all up util they have
enough slack, and pick the tower up with a properly attached sling system at
the base. Works on big AM radio towers to replace lightning damaged base
insulators.

W8GDQ put up 130 feet of cheap TV tower by lifting the base with a tow truck,
and slipping each new section underneath.

73 Tom