[TowerTalk] BEE STINGS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BEE STINGS
From: gareth@capecod.net (Gareth Crispell)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 11:12:19 -0400
Paul McInnish - K4BET wrote:

> Killer bees do not live in the ground...
>
> If the one that got you were dark in color... then they were of a variety
> of the  Hornet family and believe me, as you now know, ANY hornet sting
> is painful & can be severe with some folks.
>
> The medical profession will reccomend products that contain ammonia to
> reduce pain & swelling.  I use a cotton ball soaked with common household
> ammonia and it works quite well.
>
> Before I quit smoking, a remedy that my dad & granddad (both SK's) had
> given me and also worked... take tobacco (any product) and chew it to a
> fine wet paste and apply to the sting... also removes the pain &
> swelling.

Here on the Cape Cod beaches we often have a problem with stinging
jellyfish. The cure used most frequently on Craigville Beach is a to
make a water and Adolph's meat tenderizer paste. Liberally apply
this paste to the bite or sting. My own sad experience can confirm
this also works for other stinging critters. Ps I have also been
chased off my tractor by bees. Not much fun for sure!!

de ... N1MSV  (gary on the cape cod salt marsh) ps  There is a new
link to Aussi HAP charts on the radio section of my home page.
Interesting propagation tool for those that don't have it yet.    73

 Gareth            http://www.capecod.net/~gareth

.....at the dawn of the New Age of Man,
     they will abide with us.
     Their glory and fire will burn like