[TowerTalk] Parting comments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Parting comments
From: ni6w@yagistress.minden.nv.us (Kurt Andress)
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 17:43:25 -0700

Stuparits, Jeff wrote:

> Kurt,
> In a three guy system I believe the maximum stress is placed on a guy when
> the wind is blowing perpendicular to one of its mates.  This is because the
> guy is not in the ideal position to handle the stress, it is 30 degrees off
> of ideal.

Hi Jeff,Sorry, my mistake, you are right. My statement should have been phrased
differently.
The tower deflection is least when the wind is in line with a set of guys. The
tower deflection is greatest when the wind is exactly between two sets.
The guy tension is greater when the wind is in line with 1 set and least when
between 2 sets.
73, Kurt
--
YagiStress - The Ultimate Software for Yagi Mechanical Design
Visit http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/yagistress