[TowerTalk] Which Small Tribander for My Roof

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Which Small Tribander for My Roof
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:30:13 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-12 01:15:31 EDT, jimw@tstnet.com writes:

> The question is which tribander.
>
>  I've looked at the KLM KT-34A, Cushcraft A3S, Mosley TA-33, Hy-Gain TH3 Mk4
>  and Force 12 C3 series choices. Do any of these antennas perform
>  significantly better than the others? If not, I can easily make a choice
>  based on other considerations. However, if one has significantly better
gain
>  or directivity, I'd like to know. It's hard to make meaningful comparisons
>  based on the manufacturer's claims for gain, F/S and F/B.

     A couple of those antennas are thoroughly tested in the N0AX and K7LXC
tribander comparison report. These were actual on-the-air measurements of 8
different triband antennas. The over 60-page report is available for $15.00 +
s/h from Champion Radio Products (hppt://www.championradio.com or
888-833-3104). It should answer most of your questions.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC

Champion Radio Products