[TowerTalk] What tape to use?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What tape to use?
From: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (Don Moman)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 18:06:55 -0600 (MDT)
On the subject of tapes.... I find 3M "Temflex" to be a very practical
alternative to the high cost of 33 and 88, but far superior to most of the
hardware store economy stuff. I have used most of the tapes but at $.50
per roll (that's about $.30 US the way the Can$ has been dropping lately)
I find very little reason to spend ten times as much on the good stuff.
This tape has reasonable cold weather (and we have our share of that)
performance, isn't partial to flagging if installed properly, and very
tenacious, especially when you don't have a knife handy. I've removed it
from underground splices nearly 5 years after, and under the dirt the
second layer is just as good as when it went on.

I don't know if this 3M "Temflex" is available elsewhere, but it's well
worth looking for. I'm not saying it is as good as the 33 or 88, but I am
saying for MOST of the jobs we use tape for, it IS just as good.

73 Don

VE6JY  Don Moman               email: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Box 127 Lamont, Alberta        email forwarding: ve6jy@rac.ca
T0B 2R0  (403) 895-2925