[TowerTalk] Running Cables Into Shack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Running Cables Into Shack
From: k4ldr@sunco.com (Peter J. F. Shaw)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:29:52 -0400
Re: Cables into Radio Central thru ceiling

Suggestion....check plumbing and/or electric dept in a Home Depot like
store for PVC fittings.  There are "butt ends" that have rounded edges
and threads for a collar.  I have seen these up to 4 inches and
perhaps they are manufactured larger.  The fitting is neat and helps
the hole in the ceiling look like it is supposed to be there,  Also
available are "D" rings (plastic and metal) that can be screwed to the
wall that keep the cables clustered against the wall presenting an
organized appearance.

Gud Luk
73
Sparky  in Citrus County FL
(Pete K4LDR)

M. Becker said:
>I am trying to figure out the neatest way to bring my antenna cables
into my
shack.  They will be running across the inside of my attic and I would
like to
drop them into the shack through an opening in the ceiling.  I live in
a one
story ranch and I can get directly above the shack easily.  I don't
think the
XYL would appreciate a plain hole drilled in the ceiling so I need a
way to
neatly do the job. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike, KT3U