[TowerTalk] Building a TH-11DX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Building a TH-11DX
From: gbay@odi.com (gbay)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:34:02 -0400
Well, my new antenna has arrived and I have digested the manual.  I have a
couple of questions and would be grateful for any insights that you care to
share with me.

    1.  There are three SWR curves:  Phone, DX and MARS.  I operate all
modes including RTTY but do not operate MARS.  The "Phone" setup goes above
2.0 at 28.0 Mhz and is at 1.9 at 14 Mhz and thus I may have trouble when I
operate CW.  The DX is basically CW and you lose some of the phone segments.
The MARS setup looks interesting since it is a blend of the two.  Do I lose
any gain or F/B with this setup versus the other two?

    2.  Since I'm near the seashore, I will use Penetrox-A on the tubing
joints per the manual.  However, the manual says nothing about other joints
such as the boom to element brackets which are stainless.  Should Penetrox
be used all over at any joints or just aluminum to aluminum joints.

Thanks for the help

Gerry Bay