[TowerTalk] Re: Concrete an insulator???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Concrete an insulator???
From: larsenp@cadvision.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 00:08:12 +0100
Hi All:
Concrete is not ever an insulator. I some times work in the
under ground network of the local utility company. Most of the
time for the light bulb in the man holes we just plug one leg
into the "Moles" (large buss bars to take up to 750 mcm wires)
and the second leg onto the Uni-strut wall brackets. No need to
go to ground with the second leg.
Now before you say... Oh yeah just a 50 watter, these are
1000 to 1500 watt bulbs, so about 10 to 15 amps are going into
the cement. Most of these holes are quite old as Calgary had the
first under ground network in north america.

73 es gud DX
Peter
VE6YC   DO21wc