[TowerTalk] Re: Concrete an insulator???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Concrete an insulator???
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (Edward W. Sleight)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 03:14:49 -0400
OK guys, I happen to be in a very unique position. The base was poured
for my new 89 footer yesterday. It's 5.5 x 6 x 7.5 feet. This evening,
I measured the resistance between one of the ground rods (4) and the
center of the base. At that time, the concrete was 36 hours old. The
resistance was 1.47 Meg Ohms.

I believe keeping the exposed section as wet as possible strengthens
the concrete, so earlier today, I flooded the top with 2" of water.

I'll flood it again tomorrow and repeat the test ( before and after )
At that resistance, it won't even blow a .1 amp fuse.

73

Ed