[TowerTalk] C4 Complete, but...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C4 Complete, but...
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:20:33 EST
In a message dated 99-01-12 21:15:56 EST, jreid@aloha.net writes:

> The assembly you have is the double/triple wall inner liners for the 40 mtr
>  element. It goes inside, right at the first junction out from the center of
>  the element. This makes the 40 incredibly strong at the point of maximum
>  compression. There should be a drawing of how it goes.

     That's news to me. I couldn't find any drawing or mention of them in the
instructions. One of the criticisms I hear from buyers is the usefulness of
the manuals.

      Since the linear loading wires offer some element support, at this point
I'm reluctant to disassemble the antenna and install these pieces.

Cheers and tnx,   Steve    K7LXC