[TowerTalk] Antenna Tuner design

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Tuner design
From: James.E.Brown@lrdor.usace.army.mil (Brown, James E LRDOR)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 05:38:48 -0800
Hi Dick,

I use a tuner (not the 2060) that also has the "bypass" switch position and
dedicated SO-239 on the back.  I agree, it's a less than a real useful
design.  However, it's easily worked around with the addition of
two-position coax switch mounted within easy reach.  Your feedline is run to
the switch input.  Switch position 1 is jumpered to one of the tuner "tuned
input" SO-239s and position 2 is jumpered to the "bypass" SO-239.  This
allows straight through operation with a click of the switch (of course you
must then set the tuner switch also on "bypass").  When you want to use a
dummy load, you will have to unhook the "bypass" jumper from the switch and
connect it to the load, or else add a second two-position switch fed from
the "bypass" position of the first switch to switch between a dummy load and
the "bypass" SO-239 on the tuner.  Depends on how much you use the dummy
load.

Jim      W4LC