[TowerTalk] Gin Pole Strength

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole Strength
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 01:58:43 -0700
Hi Dave,

And thank you, too, for the excellent example of mechanical advantage using
pullys.  The only difference between my system and yours is that I use a
double pully at the top and a single pully at the load and I get a
mechanical advantage of 3:1 instead of 2:1.  The principles are exactly the
same.

Please help me convince these guys that there really is something to this.
I can tell you from personal experience that using a block and tackle with a
gin pole to lift a long heavy mast makes a HUGE difference in how easily and
safely it goes up.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com