[TowerTalk] Guy wire interaction

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy wire interaction
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 15:14:18 -0400 (EDT)

>       The only thing I've seen in the amateur literature is Lew Gordon,
> K4VX's article that showed steel guys actually made his wire antennas radiate
> better so I'll have to admit that I'm a little confused. I've got my own
> anecdotal information that leads me to believe that there is interaction but
> don't have anything more substantial.

The K4VX was based on computer models only.  I do not think he ever made
any actual measurements to back up the models.  Lew forgot more about RF
than I will know, but my gut tells me there is interaction with steel
guys.  This is based on experience of my own and friends of mine with
large stations.

Well that and I've spent a hell of a lot of money on Phyllistran.   :)

73

Bill, W4AN