[TowerTalk] Guy wire interaction

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy wire interaction
From: shane@eatel.net (Shane Dugas)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 08:12:19 -0500 (CDT)

>One night  when there was no wind at all, a friend and I dropped
>the top set of guys while listening to some ZLs coming through on
>20.  The difference was amazing as the signals came up several S
>units on my 75S3.  I have never questioned the need to use
>insullated guys since.
>
>George
>W2VJN

Well I'll take your word on it.  So now....what to do.  I in the process of
installing a 110-120ft 25g tower but I'm not sure what to do with the top
set of guys.  Fiberglass is out.  I been read the past few sets of threads
on diffent guy materials and it seems there are a few options.  Which on is
the best though.  I purchased enough guy wire for the entire instalations.
should I break up the top set with the porcelain insulator type or is their
some combination of Philis. and insulators that is better? Your thoughts on
this would be greatly appreciated.

KK5LC
Shane Dugas
Prairieville, LA