[TowerTalk] Matching capacitors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Matching capacitors
From: Jim" <jdc@ieway.com (Jim)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:32:03 -0700
Drake uses PC board caps in the L7. The L7 uses a pair of 3-500Z. They use
one across the plate choke. The plate choke has a tap about 2/3 the way up
from the bottom. The cap is to stop a series resonance.  They also use one
for a padder cap for the tuning cap on 160 meters. It is about 1.5" by 2.5".
The value of this cap is 300pf.

Thought is was intresting that Drake did that.....

73 and good luck!

Jim W7RY