[TowerTalk] URL's/Music, The Music Is Gone And So Am I

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] URL's/Music, The Music Is Gone And So Am I
From: wa3gin@erols.com (Dave Jordan)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:24:13 -0400

--------------6F0D817D8D1345F8B84590FA

Tom,

The one thing you missed is all those members of the list that still use
commador 64s to download the text.  Believe it or not many hams don't
have the money to own the fancy equipment you and I take for granted. I
got kicked of a list some time ago because I sent a jpg file with a
question. Not till then did I realize that everyone isn't like me and
doesn't have state of the art or near state of the art equipment but in
fact many are just barely making it on the internet with really old
stuff.

Should there be two lists one with members who have to meet a minimum
equipment standard and one for general use, perhaps.

Should the list server be smart enough to filter out the HTML stuff for
the dumb terminal users so we don't need two lists?  So, we  can have
one list where full-feature use of the internet are supported, perhaps!

Anyway, there are really a lot of regular people on this list so don't
leave just because of one mistake or event which may have caused some
bad feelings or embarassment...stay and try and make it a better list
service.

HAVE FUN,
dave
WA3GIN

-----------------------

Thomas Giella wrote:

>  I joined this reflector to try to help people...

--------------6F0D817D8D1345F8B84590FA

<HTML>
Tom,

<P>The one thing you missed is all those members of the list that still
use commador 64s to download the text.&nbsp; Believe it or not many hams
don't have the money to own the fancy equipment you and I take for granted.
I got kicked of a list some time ago because I sent a jpg file with a question.
Not till then did I realize that everyone isn't like me and doesn't have
state of the art or near state of the art equipment but in fact many are
just barely making it on the internet with really old stuff.

<P>Should there be two lists one with members who have to meet a minimum
equipment standard and one for general use, perhaps.

<P>Should the list server be smart enough to filter out the HTML stuff
for the dumb terminal users so we don't need two lists?&nbsp; So, we&nbsp;
can have one list where full-feature use of the internet are supported,
perhaps!

<P>Anyway, there are really a lot of regular people on this list so don't
leave just because of one mistake or event which may have caused some bad
feelings or embarassment...stay and try and make it a better list service.

<P>HAVE FUN,
<BR>dave
<BR>WA3GIN

<P>Thomas Giella wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<DIV WRAP>&nbsp;I joined this reflector to try to help people...</DIV>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</HTML>

--------------6F0D817D8D1345F8B84590FA--