[TowerTalk] Plumbing a tower using a plumb bob

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Plumbing a tower using a plumb bob
From: aa6eg@hh.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:07:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Tom,

Take a ruler and measure the center to center distance between legs,
divide in half, measure and mark the horizontal tower rung with that half
leg distance.  Run a string from the opposite leg and tie right at mark in
center of the rung.  Do the same for another leg/rung. where the strings
cross, is the exact center of the tower.   You do not have to be so
precise though...You can simply suspend the bob from a stick or
screwdriver lashed to and protruding from the tower, observing it's
distance and angle
outside a given leg, and look for a similar spacing at the bottom of the
tower....

73, DX, de
Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ;
aa6eg@hh.tmx.com;n6ij@hotmail.com
599 DX Drive, Marina CA 93933
See us on the web: www.polkinghorn.org/n6ij
"The Contest Station from the Government"