[TowerTalk] Steel Ground Rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Steel Ground Rods
From: aa0cy@nwrain.com (Bob Wanderer)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:51:46 -0800
The way I see it they would theoretically
be making it unnecessary
to have anodic/cathodic protection.  The towers are
galvanized and by using similar metals for the ground
system the dissimilar metals problem theoretically goes
away.  In actuallity it doesn't of course because you can
have corrosion issues with a guy rod between the part which
is in the air, in the soil, and in the concrete pedestal.  You can
have problems if the rod goes through soil layers with different pH's
(this happened to Dave K6LL).

73
Bob AA0CY