[TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods
From: n7us@arrl.net (Jim McDonald)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 15:08:13 -0700
I'm trying to sink 8' ground rods using a heavy, blue, post hole setter from
Home Depot.  Worked great on one, but I'm now putting them around a tower
base and there's caliche, a very hard layer, down about 5'.  Is there any
type of power tool I could rent to do the job?

Since I now have two down 5' or so, I probably could give up and cut them
off, though I'd rather not.  I know there are other type of grounds besides
rods, but I'd like to use the rods if I can.  Thanks.

Jim N7US