[TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods
From: billwall@bellsouth.net (bill wall)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:45:22 -0500
Hi all;
We used a large electric impact hammer. Our soil is clay and granite. My
next door neighbor is the second largest quarry in Ga. I drove in 6 18'
copper glad/steel ground rods in about 2-1/2 hours. This was after hitting
my leg with a sledge hammer. The rental rate at that time was $38.50 per
day. This was real cheap, compared to the pain my leg. This knowledge was
from N4SE. Thanks Mac.
                            Bill Wall  KC4UZ