[TowerTalk] re: quad

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re: quad
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 00:42:24 -0800

"Lonnie (NT6B)" wrote:

> Hi Yuri....thank you for all your thoughts and trials on your  >antenna and
> what you feel makes it superior to Yagis...truth is, >unless your comparisons
> are done at the same time, same >location, same tower height, equipment such
> as transceivers, >amps etc,

Hi All

Comparisons are meaningless otherwise!  I once had a TH-3 up here
and was never satisfied with it.  I took it down and put up a 20
meter 2 element monobander.  It worked much better, or so it
seemed to me.  Was it a better antenna, better conditions or
what?  Who cares??  All I know is that it seems to work better
and I'm happy with it!!!!  73
Tom W7WHY