[TowerTalk] Guy wires as inverted Vee?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy wires as inverted Vee?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:58:29 -0600
Better to break up your guy wires and make separate
inverted vees for the low bands.  This is MUCH more
versitile for orientation AND it will all you to raise the
ends higher.  Note that the closer the ends are to
ground, the higher the ground losses.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:43:00 -0700 (PDT) Tom Mattus <wa9wsj@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Hello again! What is the collective wisdom on using
> guy wires as an inverted Vee? Specificaly for 75
> meters, maybe switchable from side to side? Since I
> have the opportunity to incorporate this idea, before
> the system is constructed, I would like to know if it
> is really that good. What complications might I be up
> against? They will be on a 70' tower. Hmmm, another
> thought, would it be more efficient to load the tower
> instead? Insulating the guys from same, etc...
> I haven't run across this in the archives, unless I
> just missed it, a guy can go stir crazy looking at all
> that good info!!!
>
> Thanks again,
> Tom

> http://auctions.yahoo.com/
>
> List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
> safety equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
> http://www.championradio.com
>
> -----

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.