[TowerTalk] Guy wires as inverted Vee?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy wires as inverted Vee?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:43:40 -0600
For domestic coverage and close in DX, I agree
that a single 80M inverted vee at 70 ft will suffice
most of the time.

For SERIOUS  DXing, even at 70 ft, there is some
benefit (the 4-6 dB F / S reference) in having
a pair of inverted vee's at right angles to each
other.  My point is that 4-6 dB GAIN LOSS is
a significant amount of gain that can be recouped
by having 2 antennas perpendicular to each other,
especially for long haul DX after dark and at sunrise.
Note that the ends should be as high as possible
to minimize ground losses and maximize the apex angle.

I believe the original question was whether to
use the guy wires as inverted vee's or to make
separate wire antennas.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.