[TowerTalk] micro-reflectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] micro-reflectors
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 11:26:26 -0000
Hi Bill et al,
Good luck with your new business venture. Regarding your
comments yesterday about more specialized reflectors (micro-
relflectors?) I offer the following comments:

I find towertalk to be a good resource, even with occasional off-
topic postings. The potential problem, as I see it, creating micro-
reflectors, for specific sub-topics such as lightning protection, is we
will lose a lot of pariticipation by readers and "experts."

Currently I am subscribed to a handful of reflectors (towertalk, cq-
contest, writelog, dxr, and wf1b-rtty). Between them, it's an averge
of about 80 e-mails/day. More than enough for me!

If I were looking for info on a specialized topic (eg, lightning) I might
subscribe, ask my question, hopefully get an answer, then
unsubscribe. I can't speak for others, but I suspect many would
react similarly. I occasionally scan the archives of a few other
reflectors (amps, yaesu) because the topics interest me, but I don't
want all the additional e-mail.  The problem with this is I am just a
lurker, unable to contribute.  Obviously, the decision on what to
include in the towertalk reflector lies with you and/or Steve. Just
my two cents.
73,
Barry
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com