[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:06:11 -0400

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Date: 2001/06/13 Wed AM 11:50:37 EDT
> To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
>
> And what if there are no workers applying "downforce", but instead the end
> of the line is tied off to a tree, and the load is suspended static?
>
> Jim   W4LC

If you put a tension guage on the tie off line, you would find that the tension
is essentially equal to the load divided by whatever advantage exists in the
tackle system. (To be accurate into multiple decimal places you would have to
figure the weight of rope, hook, and bottom block.)

If you're standing still holding the line, you are equivalent to a heavy object
as a tie off. Tree just a heavy object with roots.

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----